Sunday, April 3, 2011

Open Leadership!!!

The more I read Charlene Li's Open Leadership, the more eager and anxious I get to witness open leadership in Education.  She does a great job illustrating the benefits of Open Leadership in various industries.  She spells out how providing customers with a platform to voice there concerns or grips, gives employers opportunities to select or prioritize then address issues before they become problems.
My biggest question, is what if your "customers" are students? How can we field what I anticipate to be an over abundance of postings?  The policing of the site is also a question I wrestle with.  Parents will be invited to participate, but will also have to do there part monitoring the site.
Im aware that we have to start somewhere, but are schools prepared to Open the technology flood gates? What do you think?  Or should we keep "open gate" slightly closed?  

No comments:

Post a Comment